“My Jesus knows when I am burdened, He knows how much my heart can bear, He lifts me up when I am sinking, and brings me joy beyond compare.” –Lister
I am trying to figure out where this journey all started for me…when did God start preparing me for this battle?
- Was it when I was five years old and my mom was first diagnosed with breast cancer — when playing doctor became the most common game for my siblings and cousins after Sunday lunch …”Cut Boob,” anyone? hehe
- Was it with a tape of Tennessee Ernie Ford Hymns that Frannie gave me when I was eight or nine years old, instilling in me a deep love for gospel music?
- Was it the many, many nights that Grandma played her piano, until midnight, even — there, by the piano where I learned the truth of scripture through song?
- Was it the $100 that PaPa offered to give me if I would learn to play the piano for myself instead of Grandma having to play for me? Novel idea! 😉 And I did it!!
Or maybe that’s not part of the story at all.
- Maybe it started in 11th grade when Brandon asked me to the prom? To my knowledge we had never said a word to each other in high school. And then we barely said another word to each other again until college…but who’s counting?
- Maybe it was during a long season of being single wherein I was able to spend a lot of time at doctors offices and hospitals with those I loved, feeling oddly comfortable in a medical environment.
- Maybe it was the unexpected romance where God brought Brandon and I together again? We dated, planned a wedding, got married and bought a house in a 14 month time span and Brandon is my knight in shining armor. ❤
- Maybe it was God giving us 3 babies in 2.5 years…and I didn’t have twins or triplets!! Here I had been thinking of Wade as our little “oopsie baby” (although for the life of me I couldn’t figure out how that happened!), and now I know…
God used all of those things and oh, so much more to prepare me for this battle that I am about to embark on. To show me that He is sovereign. To show me that He has a plan greater than mine. To show me that He has equipped me with all of the weapons necessary to win this battle!
- Things like the VERY BEST, most loving, most Godly parents, grandparents and family you could imagine.
- Things like the best and most kind and generous inlaws you could ever dream of or wish for.
- Things like a sister to bring fake eyelashes right away when she finds out you will probably lose all your hair with the chemotherapy.
- Things like an overly generous gift from a group of friends so that you can keep in touch while you’re at the hospital. ❤
And, of course friends and acquaintances, brothers and sisters in Christ and like-minded believers who I hope will join with me on this journey of faith and prayer.
I intend for this blog to be a place where I can share the nitty gritty details and prayer requests.
Ephesians 6: 18-20
18 With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, 19 and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.