I am emerging from the fog tonight.
Several days ago (four and half, I think), I posted a smiling picture of me lying in a hospital bed getting my first chemo…umm, what was I thinking? Let’s just say it was all downhill from there.
I see Lydia posted for me one day, but I only have vague recollections of asking her to do so…
Actually, I only have vague recollections of the past several days in general:
- I have never felt so sick as the chemo made me feel on Thursday afternoon
- I have never felt so dizzy as the chemo has made me feel since Thursday afternoon
- I have the best husband in the world and he is the best nurse in the world
- My kids have the best grandparents in the world and I never have to worry about my kids while they are with them
- I am so weak right now that my arm muscles are tired just typing this
- In spite of the nausea, I have been able to eat occasionally…mostly Eggo waffles. Strawberry flavored. They are good.
- And Life cereal. Whitney, thank you for the cereal. I don’t remember talking to you, but I remember you bringing me cereal.
- Jennifer, thanks for the pedicure. My feet must have looked pretty bad because several people have commented on how much better my toenails look. 🙂
- Mello Yello, water, tea, mocha frappe, powerade slushie….nothing really tastes very good after chemo, but Lydia, thank you for bringing them to me to try.
- I can’t name everyone who has brought a meal, but thank you. I know my family is well taken care of.
So up until this evening, that is almost all I remember.
Tonight I had some beautiful flowers delivered. Nicole, I hope your day was perfect. I know it was beautiful. ❤
Tonight I also missed preschool open house. Cadence and Ella will be going for the first time this year. Thanks Hilary, for showing Brandon the ropes!
I’m sad for the things I don’t remember. But I’m happy that tomorrow is a new day and I will be stronger and remember more…
Mostly I’m thankful for small favors…last night I remember “cuddling” with Cadence during the thunderstorms. She wanted me to sing the “rolling thunder” song.
How great thou art, how great thou art….